Editing URL slugs for product pages?

Options
brett827
brett827 Member Posts: 3

Hi. I have an ecommerce store. From everything I understand, my product page URL slugs are automatically populated by the title of the product. Is it possible at all to manually edit the slug? So that it doesn't default to the product title.

The reason being, I naturally am using proper grammar to capitalize the title's product… the issue is, though, it's also capitalizing this in the URL slug (example, it shows as .com/product/Light-Bulb instead of .com/product/light-bulb). So really, I'm not trying to change the syntax of the slug, just the capitalization.

I'm really confused as to why it pulls it this way. For one, it just looks awkward, since all lowercase is the standard norm, but also, this hurts the SEO, because if the URL is typed in all lowercase (as it naturally should be/people would expect), then it leads to a 404. The only way it populates is with the capital letters in the slug, which I really don't prefer. The only workaround I'm finding is making the product page title all lowercase, but then this doesn't look proper on the page…

Surprised that a platform that does such a good job of SEO insights and providing tools has this limitation, unless I'm just overlooking it, which I hope to be the case. Thanks!

Best Answers

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 248 MVP
    Answer ✓
    Options

Does this question pertain to the native store or 3rd party store?

• brett827
    brett827 Member Posts: 3
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ah, yes, it is a 3rd party store. I did more digging and found a Duda help article, and realized it was written for native stores, so it appears then the 3rd party stores are handcuffed to it automatically pulling from the product page title. The limitation is a little frustrating and really not practical, but is what it is. Appreciate it!