What is the two or three things in your contracts 📃 that have saved you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Lesli
    Lesli Member Posts: 13
    Options

Here what I make clients initial in my contract with ADA compliance.

ADA / WCAG STANDARDS INDEMNITY: The client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Company from any loss, expense, and damages arising from any ADA Compliance violations or meeting any of the WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) standards.

The client understands:

• Company makes no warranties expressed or implied that your website would comply with the ADA or meet WCAG standards.
    • Company is not a law firm and can’t advise a client on how various ADA regulations might apply to them or how to best comply.
    • The development standards (WCAG) are vague, and in some cases, aspirational. The development standards (WCAG) are not law, and compliance depends on client choices about content, design, functionality, and maintenance.
    • Company will only be responsible for integrating a third-party accessibility app/widget chosen by the client. The client is solely responsible for making decisions about how and what is needed to comply and maintaining compliance.
    • Company makes no warranties that any deliverables or third party applications/software/apps/add-ons/widgets provided comply with any or all applicable laws.
    • Company will not be held responsible for any claims resulting from client-provided specifications.

Company recommends using AudioEye and signing up for their Premier plan, which offers WCAG / ADA Digital Accessibility Compliance with Customized Legal Protection. 

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 651 MVP
    Options

So awesome of you to share that. Thanks so much.

• Bill_Sholar
    Bill_Sholar Member Posts: 13
    Options

For non-local clients, which software will allow for those initials?

• Lesli
    Lesli Member Posts: 13
    Options

@Bill_Sholar I use 17hats to manage my projects, on contracts its allows you to insert initial.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 651 MVP
    Options

I am curious to see if anyone has added to their contract to cover Platform issues that cause monetary damages to the client....