Can DUDA be configured for subscriptions with using Square instead of Stripe?

Monarch_LS_22
Monarch_LS_22 Member Posts: 11
edited May 2022 in Ask a Question

We cannot use Stripe processing because we are in the cannabis industry and DUDA only seems to work with that in these modules.

Tagged:

Answers

• community_manager
    community_manager Administrator, Moderator Posts: 297 Duda Staff

Hey @Monarch_LS_22!

Are you using trying to use Memberships or setting up the subscription through ecommerce?

• Monarch_LS_22
    Monarch_LS_22 Member Posts: 11

Subscription through ecomm but only allows PayPal or Stripe for the embedded service within the catalog and product setup.

• community_manager
    community_manager Administrator, Moderator Posts: 297 Duda Staff

+1 on @Aj_Pfeil's comment.

Adding the ecommerce tag to this post so the right product team gets this feedback!

• francois
    francois Member Posts: 3 Marketing Team

Hey folks, our upcoming Duda eComm native solution, which will indeed be powered by a happy mix of existing Snipcart technology and core Duda development, will support Square. If everything goes according to plan, both eComm subscriptions + Square payment gateway support should be in before 2023!

Good to know Square is more open to alternative products like cannabis, it can be a real hassle finding a payment gateway for merchants in non-traditional industries.

Cheers! 🙇‍♂️

• JJN22
    JJN22 Member Posts: 2

Duda University says the platform can connect to Square. Please let me know what I've missed. I built a new site for a client and she doesn't want to change processors.

https://university.duda.co/introduction-to-duda-ecommerce/697101

• Brenna_Duda
    Brenna_Duda Member Posts: 29 mod
    edited December 2023

Hi, Square is available as a payment method in the store, but it is not available as a way to pay for subscriptions through the store. Payments for subscriptions must go through Stripe.

For example, someone could purchase a product from your online store and use Square to checkout. But if they want to enroll in a subscription they would have to checkout through Stripe. Does that help?

• JJN22
    JJN22 Member Posts: 2

So am I charged the same for ecommerce regardless if I have the Stripe functionality or not?

• visioncraft
    visioncraft Member Posts: 140 Learner

Hi there, @JJN22!

It's totally possible for you to sell products on a Duda site without directly using Duda's native eCommerce store. As an example, let's say that you only sell 1 item, for 1 set price. It's easy to just setup a single page for that item, and get a 'buy now' button from an online payment gateway (which you can place on your page using an HTML widget). You don't need a full-blown "online store" for that.

Same thing in the case where you only have 1 subscription product: it might be easier to simply setup a single page, allowing the customer to select the subscription level they want, and then give them a widget.

Duda's built-in store gives you extra functionality, which goes beyond merely integrating a payment gateway into the website. It allows you to have a catalog, shopping cart, and provide paywalled pages to your subscribers/members. If you don't need these features, then you can setup your site without using the eCommerce add-on - and use whatever payment gateway works best for you.

• Brenna_Duda
    Brenna_Duda Member Posts: 29 mod

Yes, that is correct. Although, Stripe does collect their own fees on transactions. So if you decide to use Stripe I recommend you check out their documentation to learn about any additonal fees that may be collected: https://support.stripe.com/?referrerLocale=en-us