Restrict phone form field to numbers only and verify if email is valid format
Hi, how do I restrict and customise what can be entered in form fields. Could anyone help please? Thanks
- phone number: allow to only enter numbers,
- phone number: in which number format to correctly add a country code
- email:" verify that the email is valid
community_manager Administrator Posts: 274 Duda Staff
I am sorry to say that we currently do not have a way to validate certain fields in our contact form.
If we take a closer look underneath the hood, we'll see that the input type for the telephone field has been set to "tel":
So why does it allow letters? According to MDN Web Docs, "
<input>elements of type
telare used to let the user enter and edit a telephone number. Unlike
<input type="url">, the input value is not automatically validated to a particular format before the form can be submitted, because formats for telephone numbers vary so much around the world." So, this was done by design.
I encourage you to checkout Paperform to see if they offer this functionality (available from our App Store and comes with a free 14-day trial) or add this as a feature request on our Ideas Board. Please make sure to be signed in.1
Hoping I can help here.
- phone number: allow to only enter numbers - You can change the field type to phone number and then it will only allow numbers. See screenshot below.
- phone number: in which number format to correctly add a country code - I don't think there is an option to add a country code "option". They can add their country code if they want but I dont think there is a way to force that
- email:" verify that the email is valid - I don't think there is a feature for this either. A work around is just adding a second line and put "confirm email". This will prompt people to double check themselves
Hope this helps somewhat.1
Thanks. I have set it to phone number already, but when I use the field in preview it allows me to enter letters and the form still gets sent out (although it should come up with an error saying inout numbers only)0
- 663 All Categories
- 2 Getting Started
- 48 Announcements
- 585 Ask a Question
- 15 Going Live & Publishing
- 80 Website Builder
- 5 App Store
- Custom Branding & Client Management
- 4 Team Collaboration
- 14 eCommerce
- 35 Conversations
- 2 Industry News
- 3 Website Design Feedback
- 2 Random
- 7 Idea Board
- Duda Experts
- 4 Events