Centered items changing position between desktop and tablet view - how to fix?

Options
cswilliams
cswilliams Member Posts: 5
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

I know I'm probably missing something easy, but I have quite a few components that will not stay centered when I switch to tablet view, and it's driving me nuts.

I have both dragged the items to center-alignment, or tried putting equal padding on either side. The items are centered in desktop but when I switch to tablet they get pushed off to the right of the column (in some cases, off-screen).

Example: (this example includes one image, one button, and one text item, so the problem is not component-specific)

Desktop view

Tablet view:

Quite a few of these, not just in my footer. I seem to have random components across all my pages acting this way.

Is there not a simple setting for each component that says "keep center aligned regardless of column-size"?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• courtneyquaresimo
    courtneyquaresimo Member Posts: 183 Leader
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is an ongoing issue because changes you make to desktop is linked to tablet and vice versa but that isnt alwasy the best senario. My suggestion would be to duplicate the rows and hide the ones you dont need on the respective devices. That way you can make changes on the tablet so it looks good on the tablet and it doesnt effect desktop.