Exporting Images

Options
gcentered
gcentered Member Posts: 2

I have completed a site export but the file only includes 159 images when my site has over 1300 images. Why would all the images not export, and is there a way to export all the images?

Comments

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 651 MVP
    Options

You should reach out to support. That doesn't sound right!

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Options

Hi @gcentered - I agree with Aj, this should not be happening. Have you reached out to Duda Support? Let me know if this issue is still not resolved.

Thanks in advance!

• gcentered
    gcentered Member Posts: 2
    Options

I reached out to support. It is because the export file only includes images that are used in the site pages. So any images that were uploaded to the site but are not being used in any of the site pages or widget will not be included with the export files. You will need to download those individually.

This really sucks. In essence, any images loaded through the media manager will not export. Downloading individually is an extremely daunting task with over 1300 images.

As it turned out, I had the bulk of the images saved locally; I only had to download a hundred or so.

For someone who needs the images and doesn't have them saved, this is a really bad feature.

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Options

Hi @gcentered - I certainly understand your frustration, and I see this has been added to the Ideas Board for the Product team to consider in the future. Please upvote it and add any context that you'd like. I just gave it an upvote as well!

https://ideas.duda.co/forums/930658-duda-idea-board/suggestions/43141245-bulk-download-of-images-from-site-content-manage

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 651 MVP
    Options

I wonder if creating a blank page and adding ALL THE IMAGES to a gallery would help as well. This way ALL THE IMAGES get exported