What size should my photo be to insert into the flex list?

JessWillits
JessWillits Member Posts: 2
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

I'm having trouble knowing what size my photos should be to show all of the picture in the flex mode. I am using a "list" with the photo and when I plug my photo in, it shows a portion of the photo and not all of it. Id like to know what dimensions to use for the frames… i've tried resizing mutiple times to see if I could figure it out on my own, but to no avail.

Comments

• Sumit
    Sumit Member Posts: 3

Hi Jess,

Can you explain more with screenshots?

• JessWillits
    JessWillits Member Posts: 2

When I insert this photo, it only shows a portion of the actual photo, which is this size… can I change the size of the display or do I need to resize my photo and flyer design to fit this listsize frame.. i don't know design lingo very well, so I'm doing my best.

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Administrator Posts: 282 Duda Staff

Hi @JessWillits - I checked with the Duda team and have some guidance.

For this particular case, there is no way to control the image dimensions using the list widget. Instead, we'd suggest using the Photo Gallery widget instead. It has the option of having an image customized - as well as adding a title, text, and button like a list.

I hope that helps as a solution!

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP

@JessWillits, great question here. I ran a quick test on a standard image widget in flex mode and also the list widget. In the below video, I was able to apply some basic CSS that forced the image to fit the container size for the list widget. Feel free to test out this solution on your end. Good luck!
    https://www.loom.com/share/3d90792766664dedb912f199b743986d?sid=7f0cf6a5-e611-47f2-8699-046c5c510574