my search tags for my images where removed and was displaying numbers after downloading the image

Options
clemcoguy247
clemcoguy247 Member Posts: 6
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

when i upload and image on my website with the search tags, after uploading, and when you download the image back, the search tags will not be there again but bring a number like 234354 for the image. please how do i fix this?

Answers

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 651 MVP
    edited January 28
    Options

I am wondering why you are experiencing this. This is not something I have seen before! If you are still experiencing this, I would reach out to support because it seems to be an Engineering Issue.. I know when I upload images I have no issues with seeing the names and searching for them. Thanks you @Thomas_Connery for pinning me back in on this. My answer was blank when I was experiencing that issue with the community mobile site. Its resolved now though.

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Options

@Aj_Cre8, do you recall what you posted previously? You likely have a better answer than I do. 😄

I'm curious why adding search tags and preserving them is that important. Do you think it's going to provide a big SEO boost? Or is there another reason behind it?

As a best practice you can name your image file a certain way, set a logical alt image tag, and as long as it's not a background image, Google Images should index it and support your overall SEO objectives within image search results. Geo tagging is typically optional as well. At least based on my experience.