UPS OAuth

Options
THBS
THBS Member Posts: 1
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

I've just added UPS as a shipper to my store.

Under "UPS Account Settings", I'm asked to provide Access Key, User ID, and Password.

However UPS states the following:

"

Legacy UPS Developer Kit

Announcements and API Updates

If you were sent here by a software provider to obtain an access key, please share the below with them as they will need to update their integration to OAuth auth-code grant type in order to continue to enable their services.

By June 2023, UPS will no longer issue new API access keys.

UPS has implemented an OAuth 2.0 security model for all APIs to enhance the overall security for our customers, reduce fraud and provide enhanced API capabilities. OAuth replaces access keys with a client ID and client secret for authentication. New OAuth credentials must be created on the UPS Developer Portal.

"

I can't find anywhere that Duda has implemented OAuth. And I can't generate a new access key at UPS.

Suggestions??

Thanks!

Best Answer

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 354 Duda Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Heydel & @Thomas_Connery,

I know how frustrating this issue has been. I've checked with our team, and unfortunately, it is something we are still waiting on from Ecwid. The old integration won't be completely deprecated until June 2024. If the account was created after June 5, 2023, unfortunately, you won't be able to display their negotiated rates until Ecwid completes the update. I checked today and the same banner is still displaying on their developer page.

https://developer.ups.com/?loc=en_US

Our team is working on additional payment and shipping solutions, and when Ecwid finally provides a solution we will be sure to update everyone!

Answers

• Heydel
    Heydel Member Posts: 2
    Options

Having the same issue and can't find any answer. I'll bookmark this post to see if you get an answer.

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 248 MVP
    edited January 28
    Options

@ScottyStrehlow - can you relay this to Duda Support? I assume this unanswered question may be resolved by now or that there may be updated documentation to support it.

• Heydel
    Heydel Member Posts: 2
    Options

@Thomas_Connery I've been following this issue here and dealing with the same problem. I haven't seen it solved or any updated documentation about it.