🔒The Weekly Plug

Sheyla
Sheyla Member, Administrator Posts: 221 mod
edited January 31 in Announcements

Welcome to the Weekly Plug! Once a week, we forego Rule #7 which means it's your opportunity to promote your brand and business!

A few things to keep in mind:

• Is it related to web design and development?
  • Is it in line with the other Community Rules?

Not sure what to share? Don't be shy and tell us about ...

• Did you recently redesign your website?
  • How about a really cool project you've worked on?
  • Are you a really talented Designer, Marketer or Developer?

(Psst - This thread will automatically be locked on Monday, January 24th)

Tagged:

Comments

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 31 MVP

WarmWelcome is a great service. Nice to see you in the Duda community, DJ! I purchased WW last year and…. oh that reminds me. I need to update some of my video bubbles.

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 2

Hey everyone! Long time Duda-er, first time commenter here. I sold a website hosting biz that had over 2,500 school websites in 38 states, and decided to retire after that sale….for about a minute!

I immediately started making small business websites for friends and family, which quickly snowballed into another full time biz, now pushing almost 100 small biz sites for everything from flower shops and mobile oil change businesses, to realtors, developers, restaurants, and so much more.

At www.IWANTAWEBSITE.com, I now build and design websites because I love it, rather than out of necessity, which makes it so much more fun!

With over 20 years of design, buildout, integration and other experience, I really enjoy helping others who are new to the business, or even other experts who might be stumped with an issue…never be too proud to ask for help!

I hope y’all take a second to check out my site at https://www.IWANTAWEBSITE.com, and maybe even hit that 5 star review link while you’re there! <wink wink>!

if I can ever be of assistance to anyone with any questions or issues, please don’t hesitate to ask. I love this Duda community, and even though I’m semi-retired, I don’t think I’ll ever stop designing and building new sites. NEVER STOP LEARNING!

Duda on, my friends!

Rob Frierson

IWANTAWEBSITE.com

• davidjay
    davidjay Posts: 2

That's great to hear @Thomas_Connery! I'm here for you if you need anything and if you haven't already be sure to checkout our new Chrome Plugin that has screen recording and "live editing" which is helpful during the web design process. You can see more about it here - https://www.warmwelcome.com/screen

• BrianSooy
    BrianSooy Posts: 2
    edited January 22

I'm a designer with a systems-thinking approach to user experience and site development.

Even though Duda generates a sitemap.xml file, there hasn't been a simple way to generate a human-readable HTML site map for users and search engines to find and index from a Duda website.

Until now. We've developed a simple but useful HTML site map widget that displays a visual list of every published page on a Duda website.

• It's not fancy, but it gets the job done.
    • It shows you if your URLs are human and SEO friendly
    • It gives search bots a convenient way to access every page in your site
    • It minimizes the pesky ahref orphan page warnings and awkward workarounds for creating internal links to every page in your website

Check out the overview at https://www.aespire.net/resources/duda-html-site-map-widget

• Elizabeth_Fedak
    Elizabeth_Fedak Member Posts: 83 MVP

Hey everyone! I own Widget Pro and am available for custom widgets, premise widgets in my shop, diy flows (coming February!), and have flexible paid support options if you need someone to jump into your editor to make something work:-) I can also replicate WP sites into Duda and make recommendations on where to use a built in widget or app, and where to go with a custom widget.

This discussion has been closed.