Is social media a part of your offering? If not, why not?

community_manager
community_manager Administrator, Moderator Posts: 297 Duda Staff
edited April 2022 in Ask a Question

Hey Duda Community!

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Before I kick off my question, I just want to give a quick intro. I'm Kim, I work at Duda (alongside the incredible @Sheyla) and I'm focused on our organic social media channels.

When I'm not working, I love creative writing and watching as much TV as possible - I'm talking about everything from Love is Blind to Book of Boba Fett to Golden Girls. I swear I have a life outside of watching TV. 🤣

I'm super excited about this community and connecting with you fine folk.

So, my question for y'all: Do you have social media management as a part of your services?

If so, what does that include? Social content copywriting? Posting? Monitoring?

If not, why not? And do you want to add social to your services?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Kim

Comments

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 628 MVP

Welcome to the Party @DudaKim!

Here at Cre8 we currently do not offer it, but it is something we have been contemplating.

The Why!

We believe that your social media is the front door of your business, along side of your website. A wise man named @Shane_Hodge once said "Would you hand over the keys to your business to a stranger?". Having someone handle your social media essentially is the same thing.

With that being said. We also feel that if we can find the right team, and tools to manage such projects; we will be offering this in the future.

• Shane_Hodge
    Shane_Hodge Member Posts: 122 MVP

@Aj_Pfeil a wise man? Wow I take a BOW and thank you. I have to agree I have said it for a long time its my personal belief that Social Media for your Company? Posts, Pictures, Stories, Should be handled by your Company, build a Community, you know your customers some stranger does not. Treat them as friends and Family, post Interesting stuff, motivational dont always treat it like a permanent sales offer platform, get customers involved. Ads? Yep , fine you can have that Managed if need be but the rest? DIY. Thats my sixpence or dime depending where you live. Hugs to all

• Vanessa_Browne
    Vanessa_Browne Member Posts: 18

Great question! In my particular industry niche, there is a lot of demand from my clients for my agency to provide social media services. The reason we don't is because we can't offer it at a price that my clients are generally willing to pay. By the time we keep in touch with our clients regularly, learn about their news and events, create content and then provide monthly reporting, it's a hugely expensive exercise. We'd need to use on-shore (ie. Australian) staff who have a deep understanding of their industry. We'd probably need to charge $800 and upwards, and even then, the margins would be thin. :-)

• courtneyquaresimo
    courtneyquaresimo Member Posts: 181 Leader
    edited May 2022

@DudaKim We do offer Social Media Management services but only for our localized clients. Being a part of the community ourselves, we have been able to really put ourselves in their customer's or potential customer's shoes to help produce content they want to actually see.

We do the content, graphics, scheduling, publishing, and monitoring.

Since they are localized clients, we stop in often to take new photos, videos, etc. as well as have a Google Drive with each client where they can drop photos or videos they want to share with us to use for content.

We do emphasize to them to still post content as themselves as they see fit and we are there to add that extra professionalism and pizazz to it. We also have consistent meetings with our clients to go over nearing events, specials, etc. so we can incorporate those items into the SMM.

Most of what we post are - photos, edited videos, reviews, and blogs (if we are also providing SEO services to them).

• Shane_Hodge
    Shane_Hodge Member Posts: 122 MVP

@courtneyquaresimo I love that, bravo. I am not anti "others" ( I am if a business is in down town USA or Australia and the service is being offered from Upper Hanoi or downtown Jakarta) your service is great as your local, so you know and feel it so can convey it. Keep fighting the fight love it

• courtneyquaresimo
    courtneyquaresimo Member Posts: 181 Leader

Yes our local businesses really appreciate the special touch we are able to put on everything because we actually know them and our community members! 😊

• lisadye
    lisadye Member Posts: 2

Yes! We do :). We offer custom social media management for clients that can afford the VIP experience. But, in March, we also created something very exciting for our clients who can't afford thousands of dollars a month. It's called Social Express. We create graphic content, curate articles, and provide them with a platform so all they have to do is drag and drop to schedule! We provide new content monthly. We have hundreds of graphics applicable to what they do. It's very affordable. If anyone is interested in seeing how we structured it, check it out here:

https://www.infinitymedicalmarketing.com/social-express

• jonolong
    jonolong Member Posts: 3

We started off as a social media only agency. Now social media is an add-on to our top tier program.

we make 3 things very clear to clients who sign up for this service :

1. These posts will be maintenance and will not GET you calls. But NOT having posts could LOSE you calls because if someone comes to your profile and the last post was 9 months ago, they’re gonna think you’re out of business.

2. The main benefit of us handling your social is to free up your time so you can run your business.

3. You (the client) needs to post something personal like a staff lunch weekly to supplement what we do. And those personal posts will ALWAYS get more engagement than anything we do.

• jonolong
    jonolong Member Posts: 3