Blog: Can you override the date?

ajrose2
ajrose2 Member Posts: 10
edited May 2022 in Ask a Question

Does anyone have tips for overriding the connected date? I'd like to have the date published of the piece, but since I'm transferring old content I'd like to keep the date that it was published. It doesn't seem like I can edit the date because it's connected to the publishing date

Any thoughts? A work around for this seems very manual 😅

Tagged:

Answers

• community_manager
    community_manager Administrator, Moderator Posts: 297 Duda Staff

Hi @ajrose2

I'm adding the blog tag to this post so it reaches the right people! ☺️

• courtneyquaresimo
    courtneyquaresimo Member Posts: 181 Leader

My work around for this would be to remove the date all together in the Blog Layout Settings and then just add to the top of the text in the actual blog body. Two issues with this though, not being able to display the date of the blog through the blog widget shown below. Second issue is that you would have to do it this way for ever, because if you turn the pub date back on, the old pub dates will change as well. If those are not concerns to you then you can do it the way I mentioned.

If I'm missing something and there is another way, I would love to hear it as well. Sadly I don't think there is.

• ajrose2

@courtneyquaresimo thanks for being my Duda support pal today!!

This is the work around I'm afraid of lol. But it looks really clean on your site so not the worst case scenario I suppose.

Will see if someone has a magic idea though..

• Eva_Pettifor
    Eva_Pettifor Member Posts: 18 MVP

I thought if you published it first, you could go back and change the date? Perhaps give that a go.

• Bruce_McCaughan
    Bruce_McCaughan Member Posts: 124 Learner

Yes, you can definitely change the date to ANY past date. However, you first have to publish it once. Then, it will display the present date for the 3 seconds that it takes to change to a past date. But you can definitely do it. I do it all. the. time. :-)

• ajrose2

@Bruce_McCaughan @Eva_Pettifor Oh wow you're right - lol silly question on my end!! Appreciate y'all!

@courtneyquaresimo much easier than we thought! Just edit the post after and hit the calendar.