SEO settings differences

courtneyquaresimo
courtneyquaresimo Member Posts: 183 Leader

Can someone help explain to me the difference between the SEO Title and Description in the Duda settings in the editor bar vs. the SEO Title and Description on the "Home Page" settings. I would think they would be the same thing but I'm seeing they are actually not. Which one is taking precedent on the Search Engines, the "page" settings or the settings in the editor bar? Thanks Community!

Tagged:

Answers

• Bruce_McCaughan
    Bruce_McCaughan Member Posts: 124 Learner

The one in the main Duda Settings is just silly and should not be there at all. It is extremely misleading to any novice SEOers, IMHO.

So, the main one in settings is a global setting. It will apply itself to every page (unless that page has its own META attributes set).

So, definitely, add unique Titles and Descriptions to each page. Access via each page's SEO tab.

Cheers.

• courtneyquaresimo
    courtneyquaresimo Member Posts: 183 Leader

Yea I assumed the main url should be done through the home page SEO but I want to double check with some others to make sure. I agree the one in the main settings bar shouldn't really be there as it can be confusing like in this instance.

• Elizabeth_Fedak
    Elizabeth_Fedak Member Posts: 106 MVP

The Duda support page on this also recommends to use the individual site page ones.

https://support.duda.co/hc/en-us/articles/360061888533-Site-SEO-Settings

" For this reason, we recommend entering your page title and description individually in the Page Settings menu."

• Jeff_Mitchell
    Jeff_Mitchell Member Posts: 5

What do you do within the ecommerce module for category pages? There is no place to put the individual page title. The site title becomes the default for category pages.