Quoting system?

Here's a question for the community. Does anyone have any ideas how to go about a quoting system of products. Fundamentally it's a shop but instead of the checkout page it would instead on just send the 'order' to the store owner to contact them. So no payment.

We have a client who does hire products. At a base level using the shop works. It can have all the individual categories and products etc to build up an order/cart. The problem is it then has a payment / checkout rather than just being able to add some additional details (when the hire is needed) and submitting. Because they hire products rather sell outright they need to confirm availability for the desired time period etc.

Not sure if the new shop system that's in development is able to do this? I had a look in the current Ecwid store but couldn't see any additional apps or anything that would allow for this.

Any thoughts?

Answers

• courtneyquaresimo
    courtneyquaresimo Member Posts: 183 Leader

Would a form work for this? They can use radio checks for the items they would like to add to the quote and then your client will get an email with all of the information and is able to reach back out to the one inquiring.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP

I want to say this was covered in a previous conversation but you could create a catalog site using dynamic data and an internal or external collection.

Essentially each product that your client wants to have a quote generated for would be a row in the database. Within that row you can create a web form title and a web form email so that your client knows what page the form came from and they can get the orders that way. Each dynamic page would have its own form with its own title

• Alastair_Manning
    Alastair_Manning Member Posts: 24

Technically this could work except that they have around 500 products so that would be a lot of radio checks and wouldn't really allow for product images etc. I think I might be able to do it with the shop by adding additional fields to the checkout and having the 'payment' type as a reworded manual option. I'm going to mock it up for the client and see if that will work for them.

• Alastair_Manning

Thanks for that. I considered that except that would then mean that there would be multiple emails for the same rental request as each product would be separate. So when requested items for and event where you're wanting tables, plates, balloons etc there could be a lot. I think I might have worked out a way to use the shop and alter the checkout to work. I'm just going to sort a mockup for the client to see if they're happy with it.

• Aj_Cre8

Why not give those forms a drop down of add ons??? If they book Tables, why not let the drop down (or radio buttons) add plates, baloons etc..

• Alastair_Manning

I'll give it a try as another option for them to pick between. I personally don't think it's ideal from a usability point view. Just looking at their balloons as an example they have 40 different types of balloons (different sizes, helium, foil, different shapes like hearts, letters etc) before even taking into account colours. So the drop down would be quite large and wouldn't allow images for the user to be able to see what it looks like to help decide on which they want. I'll provide it to them as an option though. Thanks

• Aj_Cre8

Then you may be best integrating a rental system into the Duda site.. I know that FareHarbor can be customized to offer all these options.

• Assetlab_Bobby
    Assetlab_Bobby Member Posts: 1

@Alastair_Manning Were you able to find a solution for your client? We are looking to create this type of quoting system as well. Any insight on how you found the work around would be super appreciative. Thank you