How do I delete a custom widget?

Rhys
Rhys Member Posts: 9

I noticed that widgets in draft mode have a little X next to them in the Widget Dashboard, allowing them to be deleted.

But I have a few unpublished widget I was experimenting with, that aren't on any websites, that I can't seem to remove. Is there a way to turn unpublished widgets back into "draft" mode so they can be deleted?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Russ_Jeffery
    Russ_Jeffery Member Posts: 10 App Team
    Answer ✓

Widgets that have been published can't be deleted. The reason for this is that the widget might exist on a live website. So, we don't want that website to break or have a missing element/component.

Answers

• Rhys

Thanks for the info mate!

Bit of a shame, because I could see the potential of test widgets cluttering up the interface at some point, since we already have about 4 in there. Guess I can just use this this one for future testing, or turn them into published widgets in future.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP

I too think we should be able to delete these as well.. Maybe a Pop Up like we have when we delete a site but instead it would say "Make sure to remove this widget from all sites before deleting; Duda will not be responsible for ensuring functionality of Deleted Widgets" or something that yalls legals make sound good.. lol.

• Rhys

Yeah, seems odd that we can't delete them, especially when it tells us how many websites they're used on. Even if you couldn't delete them unless they were on 0 websites, as a safeguard.