Has anyone successfully added PDF files to the site domain name?

Laura_Zohar1
Laura_Zohar1 Member Posts: 7
edited September 2022 in Ask a Question

I want to post PDFs to a Duda website and have the site’s domain URL appear in the adobe application that opens the PDF. Duda does not allow uploading to the root directory and therefore all uploaded PDF files are automatically renamed by Duda with a URL that says: https://irp.cdn-website.com/duda-account-number/uploaded/file-name.pdf. I am looking for a workaround so 40 SEO-heavy PDF printable files designed to drive traffic to the domain name of the site, will deliver the SEO to where it was intended rather than sending it to irp.cdn-website.com thus losing all the SEO benefits to my site. Additionally, the Duda version of the PDF is seen as an external link which means if you wanted to explore all 40 PDF, you will be leaving my site and opening 40 different tabs with no arrow back option! Duda support has not been able to help me with this and suggested posting the question. Has anyone figured this out yet or do you have any possible solutions to suggest as a workaround? Thank you!

Answers

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 628 MVP

You can change the URL Path for a PDF upload www.mydomain.com/file-name to go to the PDF, however when they land on the page, it will still show the CDN for Duda. You do not get access the root files for security reasons on the platform. Another option would be file storage white labeling. A platform that allows you to upload your files securely, and white label the domain (storage.mydomain.com/file-name). Make Sense??

• Laura_Zohar1
    Laura_Zohar1 Member Posts: 7

That is a very clever suggestion. I will check it out. I am wondering why Duda support didn't mention either of these ideas? They seem so simple. I am not sure how to implement either of them. I am a designer and haven't done this before. Would you be so kind as to tell me how to go about doing this? Thanks so much!

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 628 MVP

You can learn how to do Pretty Links from Adam Wills HERE (timestamp 1min 14sec).

As far as a platform, that will take some research from you to see what works best. Start with a Google Search - White Label Document Storage and sharing (or something along those lines).