Is there a way to create a forum/community?

Options
KC_Uyo
KC_Uyo Member Posts: 5

A lot of my clients are digging the new membership capabilities. I keep getting asked about creating a forum/community area where members can interact with each other. Basically, just like this Duda community. Is that possible or in the works?

Best Answer

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @KC_Uyo, I can't imagine Duda would build user community features into the platform but I guess you never know.

Instead, I would look on Appsumo for potential user community software solutions and set one up as a sub domain. Maybe community.client-site.com or something like that. You can always check the Duda ideas board and request a community enhancement if what you are looking for is not already on the list. This way, the community and website are always separate in case you need to make some significant changes. It would be easier to manage overall I think.

I used https://tribe.so a while back to create my own unofficial Duda community before this one existed. It was a fun experiment. Good luck!

Answers

• the_duda_app_guy
    the_duda_app_guy Member Posts: 23 mod
    Options

@KC_Uyo I am actually actively looking for a few app solutions that would offer this! I have a few we are in initial conversations with but hope to have something live in our app store soon. Nothing that you would be able to provide immediately but it is very much on my radar.

• wndzbug
    wndzbug Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'm also looking for a community forum solution for my Duda site set to publish in the next two weeks. Has anyone been successful in linking one? I have only seen expensive options, and I need something fast and free for now, as my site is a non-profit with almost no budget until donations start to roll in.

• visioncraft
    visioncraft Member Posts: 141 Learner
    Options

Well-established teaching platforms such as Thinkiffic, Podia and Kajabi are putting a lot of effort into offering forums. Others, like MIghtyNetworks, have gone as far as putting the actual course delivery in second place, teaching its users to focus primarily on building a community first, and delivering content second.

I have some clients interested in publishing online courses, which I'd very much like to bring to Duda. But a very big part of their promotional strategy is indeed to use discussion forums and shared student galleries on their websites. Is there a recommended solution that plugs-in well into Duda sites? - i.e., something that would allow us to have the client's discussion/forum area inside their domain, rather than having to plugin, configure and maintain a third-party solution on a subdomain…

• DavieDavidDave
    DavieDavidDave Member Posts: 7
    Options

I'm in a similar boat at the moment. Looking for the best forum solution to put within a Duda members area.

Currently https://www.websitetoolbox.com is the front runner, but I'm not sure if anyone has been able to integrate with a single sign on like theirs? that would be key.