Help needed migrating a large Duda site

Options

Hi there,

I am looking for a Duda expert with experience migrating large sites and working with Duda and HTML. I have built a large Duda site (around 95 pages) and need it migrated to the old HTML site which is about 50 pages total with a desktop version and a mobile version in HTML. I have all pages on a spreadsheet with the slugs for redirects. If you are interested in this job, please let me know and I will send you the spreadsheet so you can give me a bid. I will be ready to migrate in about 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Laura

Tagged:

Answers

• Ryan_Burke
    Ryan_Burke Member Posts: 38 Duda Staff
    Options

Hi @Laura_Zohar1 ,

Your best bet is to contact an Expert at experts.duda.co.

Thank you!

• Robert_Tickner
    Robert_Tickner Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi @Ryan_Burke,

I also had a larger 100-pager site to move across from WP to Duda, I requested a 'Duda Expert' which 2 partners came back with pricing very quickly, but it was like $4.5K to do this!

So, just ended up doing it myself manually because the pricing was ridiculous.

Hopefully, there will be an easier cost-effective way down the track..

• Ryan_Burke
    Ryan_Burke Member Posts: 38 Duda Staff
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi @Robert_Tickner,

I appreciate the feedback.

We are running a migration campaign with some of our Experts who are offering special pricing (starting at $250). However, that is for a basic, 10-page site. 100 pages will obviously be more, but I'm sorry the quotes came back so much higher.

Sounds like you figured it out yourself though.

If you are interested in the future, you can read more about the migration campaign here: https://migration.duda.co/

Thanks,

• Robert_Tickner
    Options

Hey @Ryan_Burke

Thanks for coming back to me, I much prefer the smaller sites but the bigger one's always have a better budget 😂

Will definitely have to try out a couple more migration services!

• Laura_Zohar1
    Laura_Zohar1 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hey @Robert_Tickner

How long did it take you to migrate your 100 page site and was it difficult? I am thinking about doing my migration myself. I do not have a big budget.

Thanks for the info...

• Robert_Tickner
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Laura_Zohar1,

It's not difficult to map out the build or design, it just takes a bit of time. Once you've completed the Home Page and Blog layout it starts to come together quite quickly.

I'm currently doing another migration right now, here are the sites details;

• 11 Service Pages
    • 9 Team Pages
    • 8 Other Pages
    • 2 Landing Page
    • 52 blogs

So, 73 Pages.

The total time is around 3 days.

• Shane_Hodge
    Shane_Hodge Member Posts: 122 MVP
    Options

Hey @Robert_Tickner Mate I am intrigued as I know we would have quoted you to do Copy Site for 100 Pages $1800 to $2000. BUT did that site have some super techo requirement? as that would have added $ to it. @Laura_Zohar1 pricing them up depends on a couple of things. Do you need the site to look almost the same as the original? That has to be done by hand, if they are happy to have it so so you can use the migration tool, BUT you still need to QA and potentially edit every page. The biggest killer? Blogs. that can be done with RSS which is cost effective or we do copy site (so they look the same design wise) for $10 a blog.

• Shane_Hodge
    Options

PS. @Robert_Tickner @Laura_Zohar1 I think you have to also consider doing it yourself? Is not the same as getting a quote from a partner cant do apples for apples on that. And one site? Easier but most mirgations/copy site are more than one site so you need to be able to handle the volume.My next bit of advice? Pick one partner (if you dont want to do it yourself) work with them, do a proper page count, look at ways to lower the count, work with the blogs, tell em the budget, go easy on your own margin and the client and you will win. We have migrated/copy over 400,000 plus pages the past year and a bit and working closely with client (and agency) made life easier for all.

• Robert_Tickner
    Options

Hey @Shane_Hodge ,

Nothing super technical, and I'd consider it a reasonably straightforward migration. I tend to play in the smaller space, so I'm sure you'll see a couple of requests come your way...

Totally agree, even if a site is migrated you'll still need someone to go over each page + then ensure it looks good on mobile as well! It all takes time.

• Shane_Hodge
    Options

Hey @Robert_Tickner a the smaller space? Sometimes I think thats actually a more fun place. Have a great day mate.