Why is the website builder so slow these days?

Options
Camille
Camille Member Posts: 4
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

Everyone on my team (and we're all over the world) has noticed that the editor has been very slow these past few days. Anyone else experiencing this slowdown?

Answers

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Options

Hi Camille, there could be many reasons why the editor is performing slowly. Of course internet speeds can vary but it may be your browser or computer as well. Chrome can begin taxing a computer if you have many tabs open, extensions added, etc. Overall, there are too many variables to consider. Even the site you are working on can be a factor if you've added scripts, large files/images, etc. Overall, I've noticed some slowness on occasion but generally speaking the editor is consistent and to my expectations. I would open a Duda support case if you suspect there is a problem with performance.

• Camille
    Options

Thanks Thomas. I've been working with Duda for a while and this is different. My internet speed is great and all other apps are fine. When I asked my team who are located around the globe, they are also experiencing slower than usual performance. If you're not seeing issues, perhaps it is something isolated to our agency account. We have over 200 sites so perhaps a database is needing to be cleaned up or something. I agree that there are many variables to consider. If it continues I'll open a ticket. Thanks again!

• MeToo
    MeToo Member Posts: 2
    Options

Site builder completely freezes and is unusable. Tried different browsers, clearing cache, etc.
    NOTHING! Very frustrating! Certainly not worth paying for if it's unusable.

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Options

I would contact support. I have an agency account and also use other accounts for client fulfillment work and this type of thing never happens to me. Sorry you are experiencing this.

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @Camille & @MeToo - I'm sorry to hear that you both are experiencing this issue. Our team isn't aware of this happening with any other customers right now and should not be happening. Please reach out to our Support team so they can investigate and resolve this for you.

https://support.duda.co/hc/en-us

Thanks in advance!

• Camille
    Options

@ScottyStrehlow Thanks for your reply. Ironically, just yesterday I noticed that performance seemed better in the builder than it's been over the past several months. I don't feel a need to report any performance issues at this time.