How do I create a PDF-dowload behind an email block the best way?

corsto
corsto Member Posts: 1
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

Hello,

My goal is to create a landing page where visitors can get the possibility to dowload a PDF I wrote only after registering their Email.

I believe the best way is to do this though a form, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Does anyone have some experience with this? Do I have to use a third party to make this happen, or can it be solved directly in Duda?

I would also like to have a preview of the PDF on the landing site to engage the visitor to register their email in orde to get access to the whole PDF. Any tips or recommendations is hihly appericiated.

Thank you!

Best Answers

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Administrator Posts: 294 Duda Staff
    Answer ✓

Hi @corsto,

Thanks for sharing the detail here on what you'd like to do. For this, you'll need to use a contact form to create this email registration feature. Then, you'll redirect the site visitor to a "thank you" page after a submission, and on that page add a file widget, where the web creator can upload the PDF for their site visitors to download.

I hope this helps you accomplish your goal here!

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP
    Answer ✓

While @ScottyStrehlow is correct and that will work, I think the security behand that wont be as great as you would like because once that Thank You Page has been accessed the use can share that page with anyone. Alternatively you could utilize JotForm for this. It will all be set up within JotForm, and the user wont see any URLs. They will enter their email address and then when they press submit, JotForm can email them the PDF. Downside with that is they can share that PDF with anyone they want.. Sadly, nothing is 100% and if you want Simplicity then use Scotty's method.