Open links in table widget in a new window

GarrettAdgility
GarrettAdgility Member Posts: 5
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

Is there a way to have links for a File for Download within a table open in a new window?

Best Answer

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 628 MVP
    Answer ✓

The issue with that is you are choosing the file to download. If you want them to go to the actual PDF and not download it, you need to get the URL for that PDF and place that in the web address portion of the link. Don't click on file to download.

Once you find the PDF URL and place it in the website URL portion of the link, then you can choose to open it in a new window.

Answers

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Administrator Posts: 293 Duda Staff

Hi @GarrettAdgility,

Yes, this is possible! The table widget would need to have all of the content in the cell linked. Also, there's a consideration of how the file opens, this would actually depend on the visitor's browser settings.

To link text in the table, you want to click into the desired cell and then click the link icon:

The link picker should then come up with the bottom option have a file for download:

Please let me know if this provides a solution for what you are trying to do! 🙂

• GarrettAdgility

Hi Scotty,

Thank you for the response. I have multiple tables on this site with files already linked however I'd like to have those links open in new windows. The site also has 75 or so other links to download files not in tables that open fine in new windows.

Thanks!

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 628 MVP

Are you not given the option for a new window when you set the link?? I would like to see a screenshot of your options if possible.

• GarrettAdgility
    edited April 2023

The option is available outside of a table when setting the link. But not within the tables. I’ll post a screenshot when back in office

• GarrettAdgility

@Aj_Cre8

Attached is the screenshot