How to get Duda to translate the whole page (not just the topbar) when user toggles language?

maikan
maikan Member Posts: 4
edited April 2023 in Ask a Question

I'm pitching workshops to people in French and Spanish speaking countries, hence have made my site in English, French & Spanish. When the user clicks on the EN / FR / ES menu bar, Duda's web builder is able to correctly change the language of the navigation menu, but it still leaves the content of the rest of the page in whatever language the person was just viewing. To get the desired language, right after clicking on the language selector, they now have to click on the newly translated navigation bar. It looks super unprofessional. What I need it to do is: when, for example, the viewer is on "Testimonials 2023" (English) and they click "ES" it automatically loads the page "Testimonios 2023" (Spanish). Currently when they click "ES" the page remains on English. Each of the pages has been translated by hand, not using Google translate. Thank you for your help, this is time sensitive.

Best Answer

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP
    Answer ✓

If you are translating the pages yourself then it should work. The Language Widget should be in the navigation and they should be able to click it. If it's not working, then you need to get supports help!

Answers

• courtneyquaresimo
    courtneyquaresimo Member Posts: 183 Leader

Are you looking to have an entire site translate to different languages? Here are some instructions on how to do that.

• maikan

Thanks @courtneyquaresimo for taking the time!

I did read that resource page before and didn't find it helpful.

Do you know how to get done what I need to get done?

• courtneyquaresimo
    courtneyquaresimo Member Posts: 183 Leader

@maikan Hmm. Maybe I'm confused. I thought you were looking to have all of the content on the site auto translate to EN/FR/ES? The instructions I did would make all of the content change, not just the navigation bar. Can you explain a little more?

• maikan

Thanks @courtneyquaresimo !

I selected the option to supply my own translations instead of having Google translate (often wrong) do it.

All I need to know how to do is tell Duda's editor, for example, when viewer is on "Welcome" page (English) and they click FR for French, it goes to "Bienvenue" page. Etc for the correspondence to Spanish for this page and the 5 other pages. Do you know how to do that?

Thanks so much

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP

When you select manual entry, you need to change all the text yourself.

So, add the site language and then toggle off the automatic entry. Then click the preview button on the editor to switch to the new language in the editor and change all your text (add your own translations) and let the site save. Try this on a couple small portions of text to see it work.

• maikan

Thanks @Aj_Cre8 !

I did that but it still doesn't seem to have a way to make page A English turn to page A French when the viewer clicks the FR language toggle button. It only changes the navigation menu, not the whole page. It makes Duda's platform look very amateur. Is there anyone here who knows how to fix this? I'm so grateful for your help and it's also disappointing the low level of technical support/programming.

• fhird
    fhird Member Posts: 2

Hi @maikan,

If I understood you correctly, what you are asking for is not possible.

The only way to link pages between multiple languages is to translate them in the 'Pages' section. Check out this article: https://support.duda.co/hc/en-us/articles/1500001598502-Configure-a-Multi-Language-Site

Please note that I am not associated with Duda's company.

Please note that this is a community forum, if you need a Duda expert please hire one: https://experts.duda.co/

Best regards

Konrad