How to create a business/website/event resource library?

Silent
Silent Member Posts: 17
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

I looked around and didn't see a fit for my particular need.

I want to create a form for users to upload information and links in several categories. For example, I want to have a list of all local events. A user comes to the site, uploads the information, and then it is displayed when other users look for events.

In addition to events, it could be a website, a store, or other community resource. For bonus points, I'd like users to be able to filter on dates, cities, etc. I would create a different search form for each category.

What has been your experience with this and Duda? Is this something that the Content library fits in?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP
    Answer ✓

You would need a custom Dynamic Widget. @Shane_Hodge and his team have one (for a directory). The only issue is there is really no way for them to upload directly to the database. You will still be needing to add the items manually yourself (or your client)

Answers

• Silent

Thank you. I don't understand the answer or maybe I wasn't clear. I want to provide a form for users to upload their information into a database. Let's say I want a list of all the bookstores in Seattle. The owners of the stores would use the form to add their information. When someone wants to search for bookstores they would go to a second page and do a search. It's expected to be a manual process.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP

Right. And with duda it's not possible natively. You would need a custom duda widget to build a directory site.

• Shane_Hodge
    Shane_Hodge Member Posts: 122 MVP

@Aj_Cre8 @Silent Both totally right out of the box cant be done and you need a widget built for the purpose as out of the box its manual so yes possible but would need to customize for the client needs.Happy to help

• Silent

Thanks Shane I will send you an email.