Anyone using SCSS SVG Animations, Keyframes?

Rene
Rene Member Posts: 38
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

Hey Team,

In case one is feeling particularly cute with their site, are any of you adding animated graphics? I have seen neat effects like bubbles from a 7-Up logo which was pretty attractive. What about you? I am interested in whether Duda supports SCSS OR if I should just create animated SVGs or Lotties instead.

Your thoughts of am I trying to do a little to much on the platform.

Thanks

R

Best Answers

• Justin_Collins
    Justin_Collins Member Posts: 16
    Answer ✓

I use Lottie for any animations. The main limitation currently is we cannot adjust the animation on scroll or hover, it just loops.

• Rene
    Rene Member Posts: 38
    Answer ✓

Thanks, Justin.

I really like the option of the simple SCSS animation on this site: Buying Buddy IDX CRM: Real Estate IDX Plugin and CRM $49/mo. They are not over the top, just minimal. I will see if I can make a lottie that does this. Of course, it would not have the flexibility of actually using the transalation parameters to have it move locations like this. I suppose I should try to make an animation widget. I have yet to build a widget...lazy?

Thanks

R

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 293 Duda Staff
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rene,

I did hear from another customer that they've used widgets from Common Ninja.

https://www.commoninja.com/

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 628 MVP
    Answer ✓

A site Preloader is a bit different. It will require a custom widget because Duda sites load to fast. Lol. Duda does not accept SCSS as far as I know. There are custom widgets from companies such as TheCamel @Shane_Hodge and his team have this widget already built and with a little help from them they can animate you SVG for you. Avoid companies such a as CommonNinja because they are not Duda widgets, and they inject scripts into your site which cause a security issue. They also control how often the widget can be viewed.

Answers