What data layer variable does Duda use to indicate a successful form submission?

EdWalzak
EdWalzak Member Posts: 28

I am using Google Tag Manager to track form submissions on my duda site.

I want to use Check Validation on the form trigger so that I only track successful form submissions.

I need to know what data layer variable value to look for. How does Duda indicate a successful form submission?

Best Answers

• Fabien
    Fabien Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

@EdWalzak I am not sure how to manage the data layer, But one way to bypass that is to have a thank you page and track the view of that thank you page.

Each thank-you page = 1 form submitted.

Or while I am actually Looking at the form, there is an option for "Tracking" I think you can add your tracking there.

Hope that help

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Administrator Posts: 294 Duda Staff
    Answer ✓

Hi @EdWalzak,

I checked with the internal Duda team, and it does look like a good way to track submissions would be the element ID that you can view from the data layer of the form. Screenshot below for reference:

I hope that helps!

• ScottyStrehlow
    Answer ✓

Hi @EdWalzak - I checked with my team, and similar to @Fabien's suggestion above:

I'd recommend creating a Thank You page and add your tracking code on the thank you page load. Then redirect the form to the Thank You page after submission. This way the code on the Thank You page will only be triggered on successful submissions.

Answers

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP

@ScottyStrehlow can get confirmation from the team, but even with the right value you won't be able to track it with GA. All form submissions are in the Site Overview though. Your best bet would be a 3rd party form software

• LauraMunsch
    LauraMunsch Member Posts: 3

We do this all of the time. YOU DO NOT NEED a third party form. Convert on the element ID of the form or there are other options.

• EdWalzak

@ScottyStrehlow

Thanks, that was what I was using.

Looks like my question wasn't clear:

When you click "Submit" you always get a "Form Submit" event.

However, if a required form field isn't completed and the submission is not successful, that "Submit" click still tracks as a "Form Submit" event.

I want to differentiate between "Form Submit" events where the form is not submitted due to error and "Form Submit" events where the form submission is successful.

• EdWalzak

Thanks Scotty!

• ScottyStrehlow

Yes, of course! 😊