Membership/Community Website

I have a client that is needing a website for their online academy. It will need to have member access pages only. Instructors will upload a video and below that video, the students will "discuss" the topic(s) in the video.

There are no assignments or exams for grading. Students will not need to upload assignments. This platform will be more like this community where people signup and gain access to content, except students will pay tuition.

Tagged:

Answers

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP

The membership app within Duda is still VERY NEW.. Like all new things, it needs time to mature and grow. If this is something you MUST HAVE immediately, you should look into a 3rd party solution like Memberstack or Memberpress. I know there are a lot of folks who have used each and each has its own pro's and con's.

The features you are looking for WILL BE AVAILBLE (I am almost positive) within the Duda App, but for now its just not there yet. You can follow updates on the Membership App on THIS THREAD.

• Elizabeth_Fedak
    Elizabeth_Fedak Member Posts: 106 MVP

I personally love using MemberSpace for now until the built-in membership app is ready for the features that you need. You can use their content links feature to upload the videos to MemberSpace's servers and embed them on the Duda site, so they are more secure on the MS servers and require login to view on the Duda site. (The content that isn't protected directly on a server can be accessed technically by a crafty coder.) And for the comments you can use the built-in Disqus comment widget.