Google Spreadsheet Collection doesn't load correctly

Quin
Quin Member Posts: 4
edited January 2022 in Ask a Question

When i try to load a spread sheet in a collection it doesn't load in correctly.

As you can see i have these headings in my google spreadsheet. But in the collection it loads in the other way around.(picture below)

I have found out that it loads it in correctly when i change "Tot 50 kg" to something longer.

Can someone please explain me why this happens?

Answers

• Elizabeth_Fedak
    Elizabeth_Fedak Member Posts: 106 MVP

Are you using a custom widget? Or how exactly are you loading the table on your site from a collection? The screenshots do not have enough context.

• Quin

Excuse me for the lack of information.

I am using the table widget: https://support.duda.co/hc/en-us/articles/4410652607511-Table-Widget

This is how the collection is set up. but as you can see it puts the "Tot 50 kg" first even though it's the second column in the google spreadsheet.

When i turn the two around it still shows "Tot 50 kg" first instead of second.

Is this enough context? or what else do you need.

• Elizabeth_Fedak

Got it! I'm seeing the same thing when I import a google sheet w/ similar names. I think it might be at random tbh. You can just delete the first item and click the "veld toevoegen" button to re-add it second. My Duda instance does not have the option to even connect to the table widget w/ a collection so I can't test that one on my end.

If it's pulling the columns in order though it should work to just reorder them as you can delete the rows/add them/ etc with the 'x' button and the 'add field' button. (Just ignore the Name error popup and delete the other record then the popup goes away.)

• Quin

Yes i tried that. it's like this now.

So when i try to connect the table widget it still switches the columns.

• Elizabeth_Fedak

Ah hmm I'm out of ideas then. My account doesn't appear to have the connected data option for the table widget for some reason so I can't test. But that looks like a bug. :-( Is the data going to change frequently? Maybe the CSV upload option would show the columns in order?

• Quin

Hi,

I don't have the CSV upload option?? Is there any way to report this as a bug?

• community_manager
    community_manager Administrator, Moderator Posts: 297 Duda Staff
    edited January 2022

Hi @Quin! This thread has been sent to our support team. They will investigate further and keep you in the loop! For reference, here's your ticket number: 1577837