Bugs with Header on "Responsive" Sites

Bruce_McCaughan
Bruce_McCaughan Member Posts: 124 Learner

A site is set as responsive (toggled to "on").

The site also employs the shrinking header.

We wanted to hide the header on a single page (building a landing page).

Whenever we hide the header, it later reappears on its own. I can reproduce the issue by copy-paste any element on the page. Upon "paste" the header reemerges.

I was advised (incorrectly) by support that this is "deliberate" (LOL) and that the workflow to hide the header is this:

1) go to Design ➜ Layout and toggle the Responsive setting to off

2) hide the header on the desired page

3) turn Responsive back on.

"Then the header won't reappear."

However, when the header is hidden on the non-responsive site, once responsive is turned on, the page renders with a big empty space where the header was previously.

So, it is clear that: RESPONSIVE, SHRINKING HEADER, and HIDE HEADER ON PAGE do NOT work together.

I also recall there being issues with Responsive and Overlapping Headers. But, I can't document that here at this time.

Tagged:

Comments

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP

I believe that this is a known issue. I am not sure when support will have this fixed. Maybe someone from Duda can chime in @Sheyla

• community_manager
    community_manager Administrator, Moderator Posts: 297 Duda Staff

Hi @Bruce_McCaughan! Our team will take a look and determine if it's a bug. We'll circle back with any updates in this thread.

• Elizabeth_Fedak
    Elizabeth_Fedak Member Posts: 106 MVP

I’m not sure if it’s the exact same bug, but my client has a hidden header on the tablet view that is randomly appearing on the desktop view (it’s the tablet header row, and is set to be hidden on any view) so I’m a little lost on why it’s showing up on the landing page. I unhid and rehid it and republished 3 times to be extra thorough but it’s still showing a header that’s not meant to be live for the rest of the site from tablet on desktop. Hoping it can be fixed ASAP because it’s adding links to content that won’t be live until March.

• Bruce_McCaughan

If it IS a "known issue", I wish there were better documentation and disclosure by Duda for such bugs. I have wasted a lot of time sparring with support and reporting this here.

• community_manager

Aside from the Status page, we certainly want to create a clear channel of communication in the community for these types of things. If there are any outstanding issues or bugs, we will report them in the community. That way, it's easier to stay in the loop if there are any important updates you need to know about.

• Bruce_McCaughan

Sheyla, there really should be a public list, similar to the Ideas Bored. If for no other reason, to save us the time and hassle of reporting something that is known. Having things commented on, willy-nilly in this discussion group is not an efficient process IMHO.

"Status" and "bugs" are completely different things.

• @Bruce_McCaughan - thanks for reporting this bug, our bad for not fixing it earlier.

Anyways, it will be fixed by Monday the 31st.

Cheers

• @Bruce_McCaughan - the problem is fixed

• Bruce_McCaughan

Thanks @Amir_Glatt ,

I note that, as far as I can tell, the specific problem identified in my original post has been fixed (as you indicated).

Namely, the issue of hidden header re-appearing upon copy/paste.

Does Duda also plan to fix these related issues?

1) header reappearing when the DT browser is dragged to a narrow viewport.

2) the inability to show/hide pages (in navigation) independently between DT and Tablet.

Thanks again for taking care of the original problem.

Cheers,

• community_manager