Directory Site

Has anyone created a Directory with Duda that lets users submit their own listing after payment? I've done this with Wordpress and GeoDirectory plugin but will do anything to not have to go that route again.

I know Camel has a business directory plugin, but I have no idea how to accomplish this with Airtable. Could a Paperform submission auto-feed into Airtable, which would then feed into the directory widget?

Answers

• Shane_Hodge
    Shane_Hodge Member Posts: 122 MVP

All things are possible with a little prayer Justin we can ask the team.

• Shane_Hodge
    Shane_Hodge Member Posts: 122 MVP

Hey @Justin_Collins ok maybe you just need to study up on airtable as. With this, we can use Airtable forms to have their clients fill it out, and once submitted it will automatically feed into the Airtable collection for Business Directory. Airtable forms can be either sent by link, or can be embedded into the site easily.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP

I was going to suggest AirTable as well. You will want to use @Shane_Hodge's teams advice, and also read up on this https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007205928-Sharing-a-portion-of-a-base this is where the magic happens. Once they pay and you send the link, this is what allows them to control portions of the AirTable.

• Justin_Collins
    Justin_Collins Member Posts: 16

Thanks guys. I'm wanting to use this where business owners can submit their own listings to the site, and also edit them on their own. Looks like if I use Airtable I can limit their view to a table, but not a single row/record. I don't think it's feasible to have every business have their own table with 1 record. Also don't see how they'd be able to login anywhere and access their record.

• Eva_Pettifor
    Eva_Pettifor Member Posts: 18 MVP

Check out https://www.communitybox.co/ I haven't used it yet, but heard it's very good.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP

If you are looking for new solutions outside of Duda now, we are about to be forced to use Directorist for a big client of ours.

• Raj_Zavery
    Raj_Zavery Member Posts: 16

Duda may be adequate for very basic directories but if you want to base a business on it it won’t have a fraction of the capability and functionality that other platforms have eg Wordpress - mylisting, listify, listing pro etc or dedicated directory platforms - e-directory , brilliant directories etc