Blog Layouts

derr1ck
derr1ck Member Posts: 1

How do I....Have blog page layout that when you visit the page it shows the last blog post main feature image at the top of the page and along with the text and also allows me to add a menu with some featured keywords that allows the user to search for certain blog posts?.

Newbee

Answers

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP

So are you talking about the Blogs Main Page, where you can see all the blogs??

If so, you can not tie that header image in dynamically. It will be static. You can filter our the blogs with tags.

Also might be worth looking into a custom search and filter widget for Blog Post. @Elizabeth_Fedak (thoughts on custom blog search widget?)

• Elizabeth_Fedak
    Elizabeth_Fedak Member Posts: 106 MVP

Hey! If you put all of the blog posts into an external collection, a custom search/filter widget totally works with it. Feel free to send me a message if you want to chat custom widget pricing if you're not a developer Derrick.

But in terms of that layout, I think you'd just need to add the "Latest blog post" filter for a specific tag you use, limit to 1 item, and customize the layout of the widget to be just the image and hide a lot of the other content, either with settings or some CSS on that widget. RE the text, you would have to manually add that and update it when the post changes.

There's a blog search widget, but it searches for all of the blog posts. If you need it to filter within a certain criteria, that'll move you back into custom widget territory and maintaining all of your blog posts in an external collection.

• David_Marden
    David_Marden Member Posts: 2

How can I create the individual menu? Would this be a change to the blog template that affects all the blogs, so I would have to go back in to all the articles and create the menu for each article?

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP

You cannot create a specific menu just for blog post