Navigation links - custom - mobile?

jenmagjen
jenmagjen Member Posts: 13
edited April 2022 in Ask a Question

Hi,

the main navigation links at the top of a site has an option of turning the menu into a burger-menu when below the mobile-breakpoint.

However, adding a sub-menu, navigations links (with custom pages), does not seem to have this option.

Question 1:

Is there any way of solving this?

Question 2:

Is there a way of creating a navigation menu-object which easily is inserted on (some) multiple pages, without having to edit every single one of them if changes are made?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 630 MVP
    Answer ✓

So, The header on mobile is set to a specific style.. The Duda Headers and footers do not work like you would think they would. Also note, that on the regular editor, Duda utilizes server side responsiveness.. So you can not build a custom header on desktop, and expect it to be the same on Mobile... Mobile has a set header..

• Aj_Cre8
    Answer ✓

Like I mentioned, Duda is not bootstrap. It is not going to respond the way bootstrap does because it utilizes server side responsiveness. Displaying unique websites based on device (which is why we edit 3 devices) if you familiarize yourself with Flex, it's a tad more like bootstrap. But you are correct, you widget will not support those features on a normal row.

Answers

• Aj_Cre8

I believe your questions are a little vague. If you could explain what your trying to achieve a little more, we may be able to help you out better. We have seen no issues with Sub Pages (even on custom pages) with Mobile Layouts of the Mobile Menu

• jenmagjen

The widget "Navigation Links".

When inserted into the Header row, it collapses into a burger menu at the mobile breakpoint.

However, when adding a Row with "Navigations links" below the header, the same collapse at breakpoint does not happen. Instead, the navigation items stack.

• jenmagjen

@Aj_Pfeil

Yes, I'm aware of that.

As I wrote, this question applies to the "Navigation links" widget, inserted into a regular Row, in the main content area - and not in the header or footer.

And the widget obviousely lacks the ability to go from a visible menu and into an off-canvas menu, which is opened by a bar-icon.

Like one would expect from a navigation bar. An example of that is the regular bootstrap NavBar. Take a look what happens when you open this page in inspector mode, toggling between desktop and mobile view.

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.1/components/navbar/#responsive-behaviors

But I think the answer to my question here is: No, the "Navigation links" widget does not support this feature, when inserted into a regular row which is not a part of the header. :)

• jenmagjen

I'm aware of all of that. I used the functionality of the bootstrap-component as an example.

If Duda uses server side responsiveness - or is using css/js for client side, it really does not make any difference to the site viewers, does it.

However, viewing a navigation link menu on a mobile, which is not made for mobile devices, is something they would be annoyed of. So - the widget should simply have a warning: Not for mobile use. And that would have saved us both some time. ;)

Either that, or Duda needs to make a mobile version of that widget. :)