🔥 Time to Roast ... Duda Community

Sheyla
Sheyla Member, Administrator Posts: 267 Duda Staff
edited April 29 in Discussions

Today I'm inviting you to do something we don't often (see: ever) do, which is to roast Duda Community. 🫢

Community rules still apply, so try not to break our hearts 💔

Nothing is off-limits (except the gifs), so consider starting your seven-course roast with:

• The design
  • The categories
  • The experience
  • The content

We look forward to hearing from you 😵‍💫

Tagged:

Comments

• Shane_Hodge
    Shane_Hodge Member Posts: 81 MVP

@Sheyla wow are you sure? Promise you will not send a Guy named Leo to look for me? Ok here we goooooo. The design is not appealing at all, the colour is so bad not friendly bland is a good word or maybe Amish, yes "Plain"The site itself is all over the shop (aussie saying for disorganised) I have no idea where to go or look I could sum it by just saying its not my happy place when I land there its not a good experience.

But I still love you all OK, lets be clear on that. Big hugs

• Sheyla

Seriously, thanks for starting this off @Shane_Hodge!

We hear you on the design, and we're working behind the scenes to make it more ✨ exciting ✨

I'd love to hear more on the organizational aspect - what would you change to make it more of an intuitive experience?

• Shane_Hodge
    edited April 29

Hey @Sheyla wow good question I will try as hard as I can to do that even minimise the spelling mistakes in my reply haha. Im also thinking mates like @Elizabeth_Fedak @Aj_Pfeil @Thomas_Connery @Adam_Wills @Eva_Pettifor @Sharon_Keevins being smarter than me will chirp in with some great feedback

• Shane_Hodge

@Sheyla design wise A Simple quick fix would be to move the "spotlight" which I love, to the top above what I think is explore?

• Shane_Hodge

@Sheyla I think for me, its the flow maybe thats why I love the spotlight so much its also more visually appealing to me, Im a moving shaking type of guy haha. So when I get to the page and I see all the posts and I start to scroll I am always thinking "I have read that already" type feeling, what am I looking at here, so thats really layout (design)

• Vanessa_Browne
    Vanessa_Browne Member Posts: 18

I'm finding Community a bit hard to engage with. The good thing about a Facebook group is that you can scroll through lots of posts and see comments as you scroll. So, my suggestion would be to make the Discussion section here a little more interesting. Maybe display a LOT more posts on the Discussion home page (so people can scroll and scroll and scroll) and have it so that the comments on that post (or even the first one or two) are also visible, so we can determine if it's an interesting discussion or not without having to visit that specific post.

Also, knowing who's online at any given time can help to foster a sense of community. So, maybe a section in the side bar displaying the people who are currently in the Community. That might encourage more posting, because if you know x person is currently here, you could post something hoping for a response.

• Sheyla

This is actually something we've been thinking about so I'm happy to hear that you agree!

• Shane_Hodge

Gooooooo @Vanessa_Browne goooooo

• Sheyla

All good points!

We definitely want to make it as easy as possible for you to engage in this new space, so we'll take your suggestions to heart and see what we can do!

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 272 MVP

Gonna have to jump in here cause @Shane_Hodge couldn't leave me out of it. Lol. He is right, the design is way off and not in line with a community for Web Developer/designers.

We need pizzaz, wow, ohhs and ahhhhhhs.

Something that screams DUDA but is still inviting to all.

We need a way to get quicker response from Duda team members other than @Sheyla. I feel if Duda wants this to succeed then Duda needs to be active in it. Seems like they still want to focus on FB.