How to add multiple images inside blog post

Options
Sam
Sam Member Posts: 6

Hey, I'm creating my first blog. I want to add multiple images with in the layout of the text in my post. Can't seem to figure out how to do that. I don't see a way to insert a picture into the text, let alone multiple pictures.

Here's the post: https://www.samsoncolborn.com/top-10-reasons-why-your-business-needs-a-website

I'd like to add two or three more images within the text.

Thanks!

Answers

• Brenna_Duda
    Brenna_Duda Member Posts: 29 mod
    Options

Hey @Sam ,

You can add images to your blog post by dragging and dropping the Image or Image Slider widgets into your blog post. After adding an image, click the image to open the context menu. Click the Design tab and from there you can adjust how the image appears within your post. Hope that helps!

• Sam
    Options

I can't drag an image into the middle of the text . I can only put it before or after the text block. I want to add images between paragraphs without having to create multiple text blocks with images in between.

• Brenna_Duda
    Brenna_Duda Member Posts: 29 mod
    edited May 2022
    Options

@Sam Oh I see what you mean. You're right, you can't add images inside a Text block/widget. I recommend splitting your text into multiple Text widgets so that you can insert images in between the Text widgets. To do this, you'll drag and drop the Text widget into your blog post. Add a Text widget for each chunk of text you want to create. That will create a space for you to add an Image widget in between Text widgets. Let me know if that doesn't make sense :)

• Sam
    Options

It makes sense, but it's not how I want to add a blog post. Editing text that way would be cumbersome. I guess I'll have to use a text editor first then copy the text over in chunks.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 651 MVP
    Options

You could build a Custom Image widget that would allow you to wrap text around the image with various layout options. If that makes sense?

• Sam
    Options

I guess I can take that on as a personal project. I suppose i could also do it in the html editor?

• Elizabeth_Fedak
    Elizabeth_Fedak Member Posts: 106 MVP
    Options

Custom widget would be doable on this one as AJ recommended! I have a markdown/ rich text reader in my widget shop that would handle this nicely! :)I built it out to handle blogs or custom dynamic content from Airtable rich text fields and it injects HTML so you can stylize it in the widget design panel. If you're going to DIY you could handle it 2 ways: 1 is to add a list of items. Each item in the list could either have a text or image element that you'd render. That way you can at least handle all of the content in one widget. You could do something more elaborate but you'd need to write a lot of code.

If you want to DIY a rich text reader, there are JS libraries you can try to implement in the widget builder as well. Good luck!

• C10Admin
    C10Admin Member Posts: 1
    Options

I just want to add here for the Duda peeps watching that it would be tremendously helpful to have a widget within the blog feature for Image + Text - which is available on the other types of pages. It looks really clunky to have image, then text below, then image, then text below - especially for images that are small, or tall, square, etc.