How do I turn off comments on my blog?

Options
Silent
Silent Member Posts: 17

I recently changed the theme for my Duda site. Blog posts now have comments and a share with Facebook link. I didn't pull in Disqus or FB. How can I remove those?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• Silent
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I figured it out. The context pop-up menu allows you to change the styling, even if it's a connected field. I tried clicking on the field, which isn't allowed.

I moved the title text into a new row, connected it, and styled it. It looks the way I intended.

Sorry for all the back and forth. This should have been simple :) but maybe I am ;)

Answers

• visioncraft
    visioncraft Member Posts: 148 Learner
    Options

Hi there, @Silent! Try this:

1. Go to the Site Editor for your site, click on the 'Blog' button on the sidebar, and select 'Edit Layout'. This will take you to the template page for your Blog articles.

2. In the template page, scroll down until you see the row that has the Facebook comments widget. You have 2 options:

• you can hover over the comments widget, and click on the little red 'x' at the top right-hand corner — this will delete the widget from the page. Comments gone! Or…
    • if there is nothing else on that row that you need, you can simply delete the entire row. Just hover over the row, click on the blue 'row' tab at the top left-hand corner of the row, and in the menu that appears select 'Delete'. The entire row is gone!

I hope this helps. If you still have issues, do let us know!

• Silent
    Options

Thanks! I looked there, but there is nothing below the text box of the blog. However, it the comments and FB link are now gone. Perhaps it was some refresh issue.

While I have you, is there a way to change the color of the text for dynamically linked sections? This is the first time I've had this issue. The blog header for things like title and author are linked. However the colors are so light it is hard to see the titles against the blog image. I can unlink them and manually change the colors, but that defeats the point of having them.

• Bruce_McCaughan
    Bruce_McCaughan Member Posts: 130 Learner
    Options

If you go to the Blog Layout editor page and unlink the title/author, etc..
    You can then style the text with color (size, etc..), then just re-connect it.

You won't be able to customize the color on a per blog basis. It's global to the single blog layout. Generally, you would use a light/white text color and add some dark opaque overlay to the main hero image. Even then, image choice will affect how the text appears atop it.

I hope that's what you meant :-)

• Silent
    edited November 2023
    Options

I am curious as to why someone would create an unreadable template. I might be missing something. I must touch each blog post to add a title. This happened because I changed the template. Not great choices.

I disconnected it and changed the styling. When I reconnect it, the styling (let's say changed the font to black) changes to something else (e.g., smaller font).

Thanks for taking the time to write.