Google Sheets Blocked?

Options
Silent
Silent Member Posts: 17
edited January 11 in Ask a Question

I'm trying to create a new contact form with Google Sheets integration. I have several existing contact forms that integrate with Google.
"This app tried to access sensitive info in your Google Account. To keep your account safe, Google blocked this access." is the error message.

I don't see other posts or information about this. What's the change I need to make to get the integration working?

I added two screenshots from the G-docs connection. In the past I remember a google pop-up

Thanks

Best Answers

• Silent
    Answer ✓
    Options

The short answer is to upgrade to the Agency plan.

Support of Google Sheets is a premium plan option. That is the feedback from Support. It was changed a while back, and I didn't notice.

I'll close this thread. Thanks to @Aj_Cre8 for the offer of support.

• Silent
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks you @ScottyStrehlow. the net net is Support told me there is no alternative other than to upgrade to an Agency plan. Google Sheets support was moved. At this point the additional cost isn't justified.

Answers

• Silent
    Options

No response from the community or Duda support. After more searching, I found this on Google's site.

"To help keep your account secure, from May 30, 2022, ​​Google no longer supports the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password.

Important: This deadline does not apply to Google Workspace or Google Cloud Identity customers. The enforcement date for these customers will be announced on the Workspace blog at a later date."

I don't see a setting to reduce security for this one connection. Has anyone else run into this?

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 670 MVP
    Options

Duda Support is only available for certain Plans on the weekends. They is probably why they haven't responded yet (not sure what plan you are on). Duda does in fact have a fix for this. (Nothing we can do here, has to be Duda).

• Silent
    Options

Thank you for taking the time to write. I send the first request on Thursday at 6 AM my time.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 670 MVP
    Options

Lets see if we can get @ScottyStrehlow to speed this up for a fellow community member. Maybe he can get someone from support faster for ya.

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 308 Duda Staff
    Options

Hi @Silent - are you still having trouble with this? If so, I can try to escalate and figure out the best solution for you! 🙏

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 308 Duda Staff
    Options

@Silent - ah okay. Thank you for reaching out to our Support team. I understand that the cost isn't justified for you and your business right now. If you ever do decide to move to an Agency plan, let me know and I can help with any questions or concerns!

• mattdurr
    mattdurr Member Posts: 1
    edited February 28
    Options

Edit - this was actually a quick fix. Just had to find the "Website Builder" under Configured apps in Google Admin (Security / API Controls / App Access Control) and change Access Level to "Trusted." For a non-workspace account, you would go to Manage your Google Account / Data & Privacy / Third-party apps & services, then find Website Builder, remove access, then re-add from Duda.

I'm on an agency plan and also just started getting the blocked message, despite also having other sheets already connected and in use for some time. Submitted a ticket to support today and will report back when there is a resolution.

• Rediker
    Rediker Member Posts: 1
    edited March 4
    Options

Another solution— "Turn it Off and On Again"— In your Google Account settings, go and "Remove" the access for Website Builder then go back into the editor and connect your sheet, at that point you will give it permission again. I believe there was some permissions change on Google's side, removing it and reauthorizing it did the trick for me.

PS- Pretty sure it has nothing to do with your plan, it was something with Google and Permissions.