How to structure my membership site

Options
Wordflirt
Wordflirt Member Posts: 4

Hello Duda friends!

I sell digital products, such as canva templates, graphics and videos. I would like to offer a monthly and annual membership site where each month new content is dripped into the members area.

So, first of all - is this possible with the current platform features? And if so, how do I structure the site…is it through products and categories or do I put them all on pages and allow access to the pages through the membership option?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 308 Duda Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi there, @Wordflirt!

I checked with my team and it is possible to upload images using the file library for "file download."

You can upload the image to the image widget and link the image to the same image uploaded twice, as a file, so the downloaded asset will be the original file.

Another option is to simply disable image optimization which is available for most media widgets.

I hope this provides the solution you need! 🙏

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 308 Duda Staff
    edited February 28 Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE: February 26th, 2024

Our team made an update in May 2023 that was added to all widgets related to images. There is now no need to upload images as files to avoid optimization. We've added a new Do not optimize this image toggle.

This should streamline your efforts here moving forward. Take a look at this Support Article for more help! https://support.duda.co/hc/en-us/articles/360061888893-Image-Widget

Answers

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 665 MVP
    Options

I would say Option B. Your digital downloads on a single page behind the membership gateway. And your members get access after signing up. The only issue I would see is that if you are adding images and stuff, Duda is going to optimize those automatically. @ScottyStrehlow can a tech support person explain how to bypass the Auto Optimization so her clients can download the full resolution high quality content??

• Wordflirt
    Options

@Aj_Cre8 thank you. And you bring up a good point - I look forward to support’s answer.

• Wordflirt
    Options

@ScottyStrehlow thank you! That sounds great!