Are Popups supported on multi-language sites?

Options
Anette
Anette Member Posts: 5

Are popups and personalized rules supported on multi-language sites?

Best Answer

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Answer ✓
    Options

It looks like they should be. Please see this article: https://support.duda.co/hc/en-us/articles/1500001598502-Configure-a-Multi-Language-Site

Add Pages and Popups
    "New pages can be added from the default language only. If you want to display a specific page in a specific language, add it to the default language first and then hide the page in the navigation menu. To add a page to all languages, first add it to the default language. Then switch to each translated version separately, in the left panel click Pages, select the page you want to translate, and click Translate in the drop-down."

Answers

• Anette
    Options

Thank you for your response. I have already read the article, but it actually says that personalized rules do not work on multi-language sites, or is it possible nowadays?

The following features are currently not available in multi-language:

• Multi-Language (ML) functionality is currently not supported in Native store.
    • Personalization Rules
    • Blog Posts
    • Page SEO titles and descriptions are not automatically translated, however you can translate them manually.
    • Custom widgets

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Options

Ahh - then it looks like you found your answer. Can you create popups and link them to buttons? It sounds like yes. Can you create popups and leverage personalization? It sounds like no.

• Anette
    Options

Thank you for your response. Yes, I read the article, and it says Duda does not support personalized rules in multi-language sites.

So, I want to add a Promo Pop-up triggered when landing on the Home page. I need this in both languages, but I don't think that I can create a personalized rule for both languages. I can only translate the pop-up but it won't be triggered when landing on the second language home page. Is there a workaround for this?

"The following features are currently not available in multi-language:

• Multi-Language (ML) functionality is currently not supported in Native store.
    • Personalization Rules
    • Blog Posts
    • Page SEO titles and descriptions are not automatically translated, however you can translate them manually.
    • Custom widgets"