Is it possible to migrate a Snapps.ai site to Duda?

Options
victorgo17
victorgo17 Member Posts: 3
edited March 7 in Ask a Question

UPDATE: Decided to redesign the website by starting fresh on Duda. Current site stays as is, then switch to new site (same URL) on Duda.

"Out with the old, in with the new!" ;)

Vic.

===========================================================

I have a Snapps.ai site which I want to migrate to Duda.

I have only recently realised that Snapps appears to be a Duda reseller as their editor is the same as Duda, however with less features.

Duda offers greater options, features, support, technical info, community, etc, etc…

So I am keen to bring my business site over to Duda.

Does anyone have experience or advice on how I might migrate my site?

I have an account on both platforms so I could 'migrate' piecemeal I suppose. However I am unsure how to 'copy-paste' from one platform to the other.

Thanking you in advance. Vic

Best Answers

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for sharing an update on your plans here, @victorgo17! Please let me know if you have any questions or need help when rebuilding. 😊

• victorgo17
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you Scotty, will certainly reach out.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 659 MVP
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would also like to note, that when moving from one Duda provider to another, transferring is super easy. The hard part is getting the original owner to actually want to let the website go! Ways around this would be verifying domain ownership via Duda Support.

Answers

• victorgo17
    Options

Thank you AJ. Ownership is not an issue as I own the domain.

I will speak with Duda Support, it would be very helpful if I could transfer the existing site to Duda, cut ties with Snapps and work only within the Duda environment to build the new version of the existing website. It also saves $$ paying sub's to only one entity.

• skinwithbea
    skinwithbea Member Posts: 1
    Options

I was able to do this very easily. What you need is go to snapps support and ask for a transfer link from snapps to duda. Once you have that, just click the link and click accept then follow the rest. Transfer was done in less than a minute.