How can I automaticly create a new site from each of the Internal Collection rows?

Options
Martein3145
Martein3145 Member Posts: 9

On the page Get more clients:
"using Duda’s API your existing customer data such as business name, logo, location, photo gallery, social links and inject this data automatically into a pre-selected template. Then, email previews of these automatically generated websites to engage your customers and attract web design-interested leads."

I want to know if this is possible to do with my Internal Collection from each row. And if possible how can I set this up? Has anyone this experience that wants to share? Or do I need to get a Expert help.

Best Answer

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Martein3145 I'm back!

So, if you already have the data, you can skip to Step 5 of the guide to use the Update Content Library API call. I want to note that this guide is a high-level overview that provides an example, but programming knowledge is required.

If you need help setting this up, I would recommend a Duda Expert. I hope this helps! 🙏

Answers

• ScottyStrehlow
    Options

Hi @Martein3145 - yes, this is possible! 🚀

We have a guide here:  https://developer.duda.co/docs/get-new-customers-with-instant-sites

• Martein3145
    Options

Hi @ScottyStrehlow, Yes I saw that guide, but this is using form to collect the information. I was thinking if I already have the information in an Internal Collection. Each row in the collection have both text and images. I want to use this data to be pushed to the Content Library and used to create a new site without using a form. Is this possible?

• ScottyStrehlow
    Options

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying further, @Martein3145. Let me check on this with our Tech team.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 664 MVP
    Options

@ScottyStrehlow will need to get the team to verify, but possibly on an enterprise plan, you can send the data to the collection, and then use Zapier to inject the columns of each row into a desired section of instasite build. This will more than likely require some advanced backend work on Duda's part but it MAY BE POSSIBLE. Of course - I am just thinking out loud. FYI, I have never seen it done, or heard of it being done. The instasite process has always used a form - not an internal collection.

• Martein3145
    Options

@Aj_Cre8 @ScottyStrehlow Thanks for your answer Aj. What if use a form to push into instasite build as normal, and also push into Internal collection at the same time? That would be an interesting solution. I am trying to both have a instasite build and building a dynamic page portal. The end user should only input the data and images once in a form. Sorry if I make trouble for Duda developers ;-)