Best Practice: Clients updating content on dynamic pages

Options
Ken
Ken Member Posts: 13

Hey Folks,

For enterprise organizations, what is the best way for different users to edit content on dynamic pages built in Duda?

Tagged:

Comments

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 677 MVP
    Options

Well, sadly there is no real easy way! Duda can not assign access to one row of a database with an internal collection. You would need to use an external collection and see if they could allow a user to log in via email and update just their row! Then when they make changes, wait the allotted time frame for the data to refresh to see content live.

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 356 Duda Staff
    Options

Hi @Ken - I'm checking with my Tech team to learn more & find possible solutions - I hope to have a better reply soon! πŸ™

• Bruce_McCaughan
    Bruce_McCaughan Member Posts: 132 Learner
    Options

IMHO, the approach to dynamic pages is completely wrong. It is all centered around adding content to minute cells in a spreadsheet. Populating the database with a spreadsheet (csv etc..) should be an option for bulk additions, but normal updating should be form based, complete with WYSIWYG fields.
    We had this 20 years ago, even before WordPress.

• Ken
    Options

Thanks for the tips so far folks. I think the challenge I am having is communicating clearly how easy it could be for them to update content without leaving Duda in the case of external collections.

• Ken
    Options

Thanks @scottystrehlow! Any additional advice would be welcomed.

• Ken
    Options

I like this idea. Do you setup a passworded protected page for them form?

• Bruce_McCaughan
    Bruce_McCaughan Member Posts: 132 Learner
    Options

@Ken
    I don't do this with Duda.
    My point (sorry if it's not helpful) is that D*da is doing it wrong.
    But what I describe is/was built into our sites (by our developers). Updating/creating the dynamic pages would be a part of the admin menu, similar to adding a blog in Duda. The customer, if self updating, would have access to admin, just as they do with Duda now.