SEO problems with blog posts layout

Options
Olesia
Olesia Member Posts: 2
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

Why is the first heading in blog post h3 by default? It's not a good practice and how do I change it to H1?

Open Graph meta doesn't validate and the URL is obviously wrong in OG.

How do I add TOC and reading time?

The featured image is loaded in background and in order for it to get indexed, I have to duplicate it in text.

ETC

Tagged:

Answers

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Options

Hi @Olesia,

Did you ever find a solution for this? If not, I can check with the Duda team for more information. Let me know! 🙂

• Olesia
    Olesia Member Posts: 2
    Options

If I understood correctly, there are a few solutions. One involves the theme/layout change where all the data gets deleted and I need to manually add it again. The other is buying APIs or upgrading which I have no intention of doing. Unless, I got it wrong, there's not easy solution for me to change to H1 and make some other changes as well.

• drobandteam
    drobandteam Member Posts: 1
    Options

@ScottyStrehlow, do you not have a solution for @Olesia's question? I am also finding it impossible to fix my post header. It is not showing up as header text at all for me. This is detrimental for SEO. What is the fix?

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    edited July 2023
    Options

@ScottyStrehlow, the H1 title issue is something I have worked with Duda support on before. Can you please check if there is an official response on how to address this issue? If for some reason a user deletes the initial H1 mapping and text field within the blog layout mode, there is no way to add an H1 mapped title back to the blog. In some cases in the past, the template itself was missing an H1 as the title setting. Here is a brief example of the issue I am seeing. I'm assuming there is some HTML change we can do manually but I'd prefer a formal response from Duda on this one. Thanks!

https://www.loom.com/share/a605bfad16974f4cb9e8a2e75d84a57e?sid=25bc6807-2a27-4ce2-a57c-9b77841ae2f7