Can I create a Splash landing page to my website?

Options
Daniel_S
Daniel_S Member Posts: 3
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

Hey all, I'm looking to create a splash landing page on my client's website—a simple, clean screen with their logo and a short animation or "entry point" BEFORE the entire site loads. Ideally a user could click / touch the screen to "enter." OR, it would be an animated splash page that disappears after a few seconds...

Any help would be most appreciated!

Best Answers

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 651 MVP
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is possible. You will need to be well versed in Custom CSS and JS. You will need to JS to display the div which holds the animation, and then after the animation duration is complete it will fade out and show the page. This is not something you can do yourself in Duda as a built in feature. It will need to be a Custom Tech solution from a Duda Expert.

• Arnoldo_L
    Arnoldo_L Member Posts: 26 Duda Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Daniel,

It's Arnoldo from Duda support.

Unfortunately, this is not a feature that is currently available in our platform. Please consider reaching out to one of our experts at experts.duda.co to help with this customization.

For future projects, I encourage you to upvote for this feature that I found in our Ideas Board: https://ideas.duda.co/forums/930658-duda-idea-board/suggestions/44096682-loading-screen

Thanks,

Arnoldo

Answers

• David_Prescott
    David_Prescott Member Posts: 3
    Options

why would you do this? there's a reason you very rarely see splash pages anymore — it just puts another barrier between you can potential customers. Just a thought :)

• Daniel_S
    Options

Thanks, I hear you. Its a client request but also its a website hosting two restaurants under one roof / site so its meant to be an "entry" of sorts. Since its a luxury experience, I don't think people will mind the extra 3 seconds or so of a splash page like this...but its a good question!

• Aj_Cre8
    Options

If the Landing Page is indeed a SPLASH page, the capabilities of building it in Duda would all depend on what you want it to be. A Game, A Video, An Animation??

If you are simply wanting people to land on a company page that will allow them to redirect to another page (each business has its own button) that's completely doable.

• Daniel_S
    Options

Thank you—I only want it to be a short logo animation—something that Duda could animate or I could create a GIF for. Nothing fancy—just a splash of the 2 company logos, white screen, no other content or visible nav for starters. It would appear for a few seconds...then fade / transition to the homepage. Thanks for any direction you can provide!

• Aj_Cre8
    Options

A custom Preloader widget could work for something like right? Other agencies have built Preloader widgets, the same concept could be applied to load an SVG animation or playing a GIF??? Right.