Domain Already in Use Error

Options
CUBengal92
CUBengal92 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

Hello. My former website was built on Duda by a software company. I have now created my new website and want to publish it but when I select "Use a Domain you already own", I get the error that the "domain already in use". I have spoken to the former company and everything is clear on their end. I have submitted the TXT code per Duda University to GoDaddy. I have a ticket. It has been over 3 days and I still haven't heard anything from Duda. I am never going to have multiple websites and don't need to pay $44/month. Is there anyone that is willing to help me or show me the best ways to get support? Thank you so much.

Answers

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Options

@Bill_Sholar, didn't you have some steps to follow in order to resolve this? When the domain doesn't get properly released from the previous Duda owner? Thanks!

• Bill_Sholar
    Bill_Sholar Member Posts: 13
    Options

Yes - I contacted Support, and they had me add a TXT record to the domain, as @CUBengal92 has done. Perhaps GoDaddy hasn't done the update yet?

After I saw the TXT record on either https://www.whatsmydns.net/#TXT/domain.com or https://www.whatsmydns.net/#TXT/domain.com , I re-contacted Support and they released it within a few minutes.

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply @Bill_Sholar!

• CUBengal92
    Options

I will try and recontact support now and see if it will work. I would think I would have heard something from my chat and email and ticket that was created the other day but I haven't heard anything. I really appreciate both of you helping me out.

• Paola
    Paola Member Posts: 6 Support Team
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hey there @CUBengal92 ,

Paola here from the Duda support team. I checked the tickets and found the issue: 1688613 and 1688660

It looks like we don't know the actual domain name you are having trouble with releasing.

We got the site editor link, and that helped, because I found your account. But we need the domain name you need released.

Is it www.findsanddesigns.com?

• Paola
    Options

Hi again - i'ts me :)

I will handle your ticket number 1689642 feel free to reply on the ticket so we can get this resolved for you.

Cheers!

• CUBengal92
    Options

the domain is findsdesigns.com

Not findsanddesigns

Thanks.

• Paola
    Options

Thank you, this is now resolved. The domain findsdesigns.com bas been added to the website 9174798b

Please check and thank you for your patience, we just did not have the complete information to resolve this sooner.

Have a great weekend!

https://www.findsdesigns.com/