Image Widget on Dynamic page

Options
williamf
williamf Member Posts: 16
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

I have a dynamic page with an image gallery widget, I have a second source file for the images I want displayed connected to the file that populates the dynamic page so I can use the dynamic filter to only show images associated with the current page, runmotorun.com/all-brands/company/alcyon . See attached screenshots, the connector is Brand and Brand H1 Title for the 2 files.

The image widget is only populating the first image in the source file, the example above should show 4 images, for the brand and not the other images, why is this happening? I have a similar set up for populating the FAQ accordion on another site that works fine like this, so not sure why this is not working.

Best Answers

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 665 MVP
    Answer ✓
    Options

You need to use the Gallery Widget. Make sure it is connected to the data. You wont be able to filter it though. You can only display the images that are in that cell on your collection. If you need a gallery that is filterable, and connected to the data, you will need a custom widget.

• irez
    irez Member Posts: 13
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is this a Google Sheets connection? I don't think 'Image Collection' is a field supported there, only in Internal and Airtable collections. So even if you are using the gallery widget, the collection is only looking for one file.

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 665 MVP
    Answer ✓
    Options

On that page, there is no "Filter" There is simply a gallery. The gallery widget can connect to data, however I am still sticking with my previous statement. If you need a "Filter Gallery" You will need a custom widget.

Answers

• irez
    Options

Make sure in the Collection the column is set to 'Image Collection'

And then use the Gallery widget to connect it

• williamf
    edited July 2023
    Options

@irez See the attached pdf, I don't have an option for 'Image Collection', I am using the gallery widget, and know this can be done as I have done it on another site, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it, this is the page I did it on before, https://www.magnetfishingisfun.com/magnet-fishing-gear

Thank you for your response, sorry about the long delay in responding was on holiday.

• williamf
    Options

@Aj_Cre8 I am using a gallery widget and it is connected to a collection. I have done this before and was able to filter without a custom widget, but I just can't remember how I did it. Here is the page I did it on before https://www.magnetfishingisfun.com/magnet-fishing-gear

• williamf
    Options

@Aj_Cre8 Do you create custom widgets? If so, how much is a filterable gallery widget?

• irez
    Options

@williamf if you want it filterable by the end user than yes you'll need a custom widget as @Aj_Cre8 pointed out. However if it only needs to be filterable by yourself in order to display the right images on each gallery widget than that's built in to the widget already.
    You're still going to have issues though if it's a google sheet collection

• williamf
    Options

@irez I don't want the user to filter, I just want to filter to display only the related brand. I am going to try it using an internal collection and see if that works. Thank you for all the help and guidance.