Native ecommerce store

Options
Xenia
Xenia Member Posts: 11
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

The native ecommerce store has so many missing features. Why would there not be a way to have different shipping costs for different sized items? Why would there not be a way to offer free shipping for purchases over a certain amount? Why would there not be a way to create coupons or discounts? These are just some BASIC things that should be included in any ecommerce store. I don't understand why these types of things have not been incorporated. So with all that being said, has anyone else been able to resolve these issues without having to scrap the native store completely and switch to the 3rd party option? I would hate to have to shut my clients store down to do that.

Answers

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Options

I appreciate the feedback, @Xenia - I've also passed this along to our Product team. I know they are very hard at work adding eComm features, and it's a big focus for Duda this year!

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Options

We are all eager for native ecommerce to boost Duda into the ecommerce stratosphere! In the meantime, if you are reading this and are not sure if you should choose Native or 3rd Party ecommerce for your Duda site, this article should help you decide: https://support.duda.co/hc/en-us/articles/5131897014295-Native-eCommerce-and-Third-Party-eCommerce-Comparison

• Xenia
    Xenia Member Posts: 11
    Options

@ScottyStrehlow Do you happen to know if there is a way to incorporate tracking numbers for orders when they are shipped that the customer can receive via email? Right now my client would have to do that manually. She previously was using a GoDaddy website and this is one of the features that was available to her.

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Options

Hi @Xenia - unfortunately, I don't think this is a current possibility - other than the manual process. I know this is not ideal, and I hope to have an update for you soon - this feature is on the Product roadmap for this year.