Update theme does not notice alignment changes. How do we edit themes?

Options
JoeChasko
JoeChasko Member Posts: 22

The centered text of the Paragraph theme is not appropriate for big text blocks, so we right justify. But Update Theme does not notice this change. Screenshot shows the default paragraph theme below and attempting to update to the upper one. Can

we edit the themes?

Best Answers

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Looks like alignment is not one of the attributes you can set at the theme level?

You may want to create an idea or enhancement for this. https://ideas.duda.co/

• Thomas_Connery
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Yes, the above is a global setting for paragraph text. I thought you were looking for that update because it's missing in the global settings. Honestly, I'm not a CSS guru either. I just learn it here and there. I also reach out for help and ask when needed. Lots of great resources can help you here in the community as well as good ole' google searches. πŸ‘οΈ Good luck!

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 659 MVP
    Answer βœ“
    Options

If they want just the headings to be centered? Sure.

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { text-align: center !important; }

Answers

• Aj_Cre8
    Aj_Cre8 Member Posts: 659 MVP
    Options

You will need to go into CSS and add the text alignment CSS yourself.

• Thomas_Connery
    Options

Great point Aj! Guess I was only thinking of what's available currently in the UI.

Joe, you can test out the CSS below in your site Header. One first one is for mobile, the second is for desktop/tablet.

I believe the below CSS will help you center all paragraph text by default if that is your objective.
    SEO & SETTINGS - HEAD HTML - HEAD HTML BOX
    <style>
    body.dmMobileBody .dmNewParagraph{
    text-align:center !important;
    }
    .dmNewParagraph {text-align:center !important;}
    </style>

Please note that if you already have paragraph widgets that have an alignment setting that was made manually, it overrides the global setting to my knowledge.

Did I miss anything else Aj? Or maybe there is a better way?

• JoeChasko
    JoeChasko Member Posts: 22
    Options

Thank you, but I don't want to center the entire site. Headings are centered, and Paragraph right-justified. Does the CSS above refer to the Paragraph theme? I know almost nothing about CSS.

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Options

Hi @Aj_Cre8 - can you provide some additional insight for Joe? Perhaps he needs some specific CSS just for the headings?

Thanks in advance!