What happens to my customer's websites if I get hit by a train?

Options
ToddHayes
ToddHayes Member Posts: 1

I have a new customer that's a tad reluctant to move from an old bad wordpress site hosted through GoDaddy over to a new site on my servers.

His concern: "What if something happens to you, what if you get hit by a train? What happens to my website?"

So, what does happen in that case? If I get hit by a train, he owns his domain name but what would be his procedure to continue his Duda hosting?

Should I be placing a Duda expert in my will?

Thanks!
Todd

P.S. I assured him it'd take 2 trains to kill me… one coming from each direction.

Best Answer

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Answer ✓
    Options

Great question Todd. It's something that all of us should be thinking about. Your business should have a formal continuity plan that someone can execute or automate in such circumstances. As we grow our agencies, we should all be creating SOPs and continuity plans. In fact, that reminds me to review and update mine…. :) Yes, at a minimum, I would reach out to one or more Duda Experts if you are looking for a backup or easy transition option for your clients. Being a Duda Expert myself, that's exactly what one agency did with me last year when they decided to shut down. We came to an agreement and migrated their sites and customers to my agency.

Answers

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Options

Hi @ToddHayes - I certainly hope this is never the case!

@Thomas_Connery is correct that a continuity plan can be put in place, or establishing a plan or process with clients when completing the contract.