Migrated Site from Wordpress to Duda - Wiped out Google Search Console Performance

Options
Clinton
Clinton Member Posts: 6
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

Hi there, I recently built a new site for a client on Duda. She originally had her site on WordPress. I assumed there would be a dip in performance, but it's gone from 2,000 daily impressions to 36… I submitted an updated sitemap to Google (50 pages). Almost all of the core pages also have the same URL path, site title, and meta description.

The most interesting thing I've noticed is the Page Redirects. They shot up once I moved the website. In fact, the primary domain isn't being indexed because it says it's a page with a redirect. Most of the affected pages don't have a redirect at all. The URL path that is listed matches the blog post or page URL.

I'm at a loss for words… any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Clinton
    Options

I'll also add, I use a redirect checker and the pages get a 200 OK - not a 30X

• Clinton
    Options

The only thing I can see is that the URL in GSC has a "/" on the end but the URL in Duda doesn't and doesn't allow you to add that. Could this be the issue?

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Options

Hi @Clinton - I'm sorry to hear this. I've reached out to a few team members to see if they have insight. I'll follow up when I have more!

• Clinton
    Options

Thanks @ScottyStrehlow ! It appears the issue could be related to www in the domain. When the site was on Wordpress, the domain didn't have www but now with Duda, it does. When you input the domain on the site settings, it says to make sure and include www but this in fact causes URL redirect errors with Google Search Console.