How to create dynamic "cards"?

Options
dbonneville
dbonneville Member Posts: 2
edited August 2023 in Ask a Question

I have been reading up on dyanamic pages, and understand the functionality. However, I have a collection I need to format into a repeating card that lives on one page (not individual pages), and have Duda output each card (an image, a title, a body copy, a button / link) into it's section, and am not finding language on how to do this is any help docs or tutorials. Do I need to build some kind of custom widget? Is there a tutorial on this? I might not be using the right terminology like "repeaters", "repeat", etc.

Answers

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Options

Hi @dbonneville not sure if this is what you are looking for but you can connect a widget to a data collection. You may need to test out which widget might work best for your scenario. You can also reach out to one of the Duda Experts.

Here is an example:
    https://www.loom.com/share/594c253e086d460cb1977aeac4c9829a?sid=81097f78-d0f0-4c3b-90c6-b6ea7ee31c2a

• dbonneville
    dbonneville Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks Thomas. This is very close, except that I need to control the layout for our use case. If I can't find a widget that can be customized or configured the way I need, in the Duda world, is that something I could create - my own widget for my own use that uses my use case design and connects to my data as I've designed it? Or is it more a case of simply being limited to widgets that are available? I'm a developer brand new to Duda, and I'm trying to figure out where the limitations are on what can and can't be done with data (collections) on a single page.

• Thomas_Connery
    Thomas_Connery Member Posts: 226 MVP
    Options

You can create widgets for Duda or hire a Duda Expert to do it for you. Please see the Duda University content to understand custom widgets and how everything works.