Bring a parameter (argument) into site on URL

Options
JoeChasko
JoeChasko Member Posts: 22

Is it possible to bring a parameter on the incoming URL, that can be used to populate a form, or otherwise?

I have hundreds of QR codes for folks to use for referrals. Ideally, I would pass the QR code number and the person's name. I can set this on the QR Code redirect.

Like: website.com/referrals?ID=123&NAME=John Smith

Best Answers

• ScottyStrehlow
    ScottyStrehlow Member Posts: 307 Duda Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JoeChasko!

I checked with my team it looks like this may be something to build with custom code, using javascript to grab the parameters passed by the QR code to a file form. https://www.sitepoint.com/get-url-parameters-with-javascript/

You could combine this with the Paperform App as well to help streamline.

I hope this helps!

• Bruce_McCaughan
    Bruce_McCaughan Member Posts: 130 Learner
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can't do that with Duda native forms, but I do that with JotForm to pre-populate a lead-gen form after the user sends a simple form (let's call it Step 1) with name and email. They jump to the next page where a longer form is pre-populated with the previously filled data (name and email). And if they abort sending the full form, we have their name and contact to follow up.

You can do the same with a url that contains parameters.
    What is more difficult, is to, say, arrive on the Home page, surf around and then navigate to the form page. By then, you will have lost the parameters.

I like JotForm, but as Scotty says, I am sure you can do that with PaperForm which is in the App$tore. Though, direct with PaperForm is probably better value.

Answers

• JoeChasko
    JoeChasko Member Posts: 22
    Options

I would be sending directly from a QR code to a landing page. The page has a contact form at the bottom. So, that should work?
    Do you have example script for getting the parameter and populating the form? :) I haven't learned javascript, though it looks straightforward.